Madhuri-Dixit ups her fee for ‘Jhalak Dikhla Ja’

Madhuri-Dixit ups her fee for ‘Jhalak Dikhla Ja’
Mumbai, March 21 – Getting Madhuri Dixit to sign on the dotted line just got costlier. After the stupendous response to her presence on dance reality show ‘Jhalak Dikhla Jaa, it now appears that the channel would have to considerably upgrade her already-impressive, if not astronomical, fee if the star is to appear as a judge on the next season as well.
Apparently, Madhuri’s fee is larger than any offered to a reality-show judge in the history of Indian television.
Says a co-star who has worked closely with Madhuri: ‘And why not? She brought so much to the table when she came on board. ‘Jhalak Dikhla Jaa’ went to another level with Madhuri.
While Sony TV sources are tight-lipped about the re-negotiation, Madhuri is candid enough to admit that another season of ‘Jhalak…’ is being worked out.
‘We’re under negotiation. Nothing has been finalised as yet. Let’s see…I really enjoyed my first stint on the show. I am not discounting a second season,’ Madhuri said.
But for now, she is looking forward to joining her husband and sons in the US.
‘I don’t know when I’ll be back. This has been my longest stay in Mumbai away from my husband and kids. Though my sons joined me in Mumbai during Christmas, I still felt the distance. At the moment, I can’t think of anything but going back to the people who matter the most to me,’ she said.
Madhuri also said she hasn’t signed any film during this trip.
‘I met directors and heard scripts. But nothing that would tear me away from my children,’ she said.
‘I’ve to admit this was a very special visit to Mumbai. I felt extremely welcome. But right now, I can’t say when I’m coming back,’ she said.